Friday, January 27, 2012

Accepted

Life is about to change pretty drastically in my home. I just found out that I was accepted into the Master of Music education program at Indiana University's Jacobs School of Music!!! This is a HUGE deal. The Jacobs School of Music is world renown and ranks along side Julliard. So, yeah, big deal!

The hope of my being accepted into this school was one of the driving forces behind moving the family out to Indiana. When Noah and I first got married I would sometimes throw out how much I would love to go to IU, but I didn't see it as a real possibility until Noah got a job offer in Columbus, Indiana (40 miles away from the school). And here we are!

In addition to the esteem this school holds, I have history here. My mom was a child in Bloomington while my grandpa worked on his doctorate. My grandpa's health is currently declining, so I feel especially proud right now to have this connection with him--to walk the same halls he walked many years ago. I got to talk to him yesterday and give him the news right after I found out.

YAY!!!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Congratulations! What an accomplishment - you must be a super mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Hope you have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome Kaila! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete